Commercial Landlords Insurance | Learn More Today

Commercial Landlord Insurance

Horner Blakey offer cover for all commercial properties through our network of trusted insurance partners. Whether you own one property or have a mixed portfolio that needs cover, we make the process easy and hassle free to ensure you have the right level of protection for your investment.

Horner Blakey

Insurance Brokers

What is Commercial Landlord Insurance?

Commercial property insurance, also known as commercial landlord insurance, is taken out by commercial landlords who let their properties for business purposes. This type of policy covers the cost of rebuilding or repairing your business premises. Horner Blakey also offer options to increase your protection to cover the cost of replacing damaged or missing stock or equipment.

Commercial properties

Do I Need Property Insurance As A Commercial Landlord?

You are not legally obligated to take out commercial property insurance, although by taking it out you ensure you are protecting your asset.

Theft, accidental or malicious damage can happen at any time and without commercial property insurance in place, as the landlord you could be financially responsible if an event like this occurs. You could also be liable for any third-party compensation claims related to injury or property damage through negligence.

Commercial property insurance is an affordable option for many landlords, and we also offer monthly payment plans so you can manage your costs throughout the year.

Before proceeding, always read the full the details of your individual policy as terms and conditions will apply.

What does commercial Landlord insurance cover?

Our commercial property insurance policies include cover for:

Commercial buildings insurance 

Losses that are caused because of theft, accidental and malicious damage. We also offer contents insurance for landlords for any items that have been affected in the property.

Liability cover

Property owners’ liability cover up to £5 million for negligence claims relating to damage to third-party property or injury to third-party persons.

Commercial legal expenses 

Comprehensive cover for your defence costs in any legal disputes that arise relating to your commercial property.

Loss of rent 

If your property becomes uninhabitable while repairs are being carried out this covers the cost of missed rent or the cost of providing alternative premises for your tenant.

How Much Does Commercial Property Insurance Cost?

The cost of commercial property insurance depends on how much cover you require and any specialist options that may be included.

The easiest way to find out how much it will cost is to request a free commercial property insurance quote. Simply get in touch with our expert team and one of our insurance specialists will discuss your needs in detail and provide you with a bespoke quote.

Do Tenants Need Commercial Property Insurance?

If you are a tenant renting a property from a landlord, you do not need commercial property insurance. As a tenant, you can also protect your tools, furniture or machinery by taking out business contents insurance. A typical policy will provide cover for these areas if they are damaged or lost to theft, fire or flooding.

Contact Horner Blakey To Arrange Insurance For Commercial Landlords

Horner Blakey are specialists in arranging a wide range of Property Insurance, dealing with Freeholders, Leaseholders, Landlords, Management Companies and Property Owners. No matter how large or small, Horner Blakey have a wide range of agencies with the main UK Property Insurer’s providing both package policies and/or bespoke Policies.

Our solutions include the insurance management of Property Management Companies. In addition to providing comprehensive buildings insurance, including, cover can be extended to include:

  • Loss of rent or alternative accommodation expenses
  • Previous subsidence to the property
  • Unoccupied properties
  • Listed properties
  • Landlords contents
  • Contents of common parts
  • Employers’ liability insurance where required
  • Property owners liability up to £5 million
  • Legal expenses and tenancy disputes cover
  • Directors and officers liability for Residents Associations and Directors
  • Equipment breakdown
  • Lift insurance and inspection

What We Can Offer Commercial Landlords

As a specialist insurance broker we will work with you providing the service you expect and need. You will benefit from:

Bespoke comprehensive insurance cover designed specifically to meet your requirements

Legal Expenses Cover

Monthly payments can be arranged

A dedicated account handler to contact throughout the year

A hassle free in house claims handling service for the unfortunate event of a claim occurring

We combine a quality service at an affordable price provided by helpful, friendly professionals.

View our most frequently asked property insurance questions

View our Property and Landlords A-Z Glossary of Terms 

DOWNLOAD our Real Estate and Property Insurance Brochure.