Home insurance with signs of movement

When purchasing a property or at the point of  survey, you may receive notification that the property is showing signs of movement.

This can be existing or more commonly past or historical movement. For insurance this does have significant issues, as movement is either settlement or subsidence. Settlement happens quite regularly since all houses settle and we have all seen old houses with uneven floors and crooked walls but is not covered by insurance whereas subsidence is covered.

Most standard insurers will not cover a property that has signs of movement, we at Horner Blakey Insurance Brokers understand the issues and can guide you and when necessary arrange full cover with specialist insurers at competitive premiums.

Our specialist insurers will use a surveyors report which will confirm the present condition of the property and will usually include full cover including the pre existing conditions.

Please click the link below to receive a quotation:

What is subsidence – Frequently asked questions  click here