Council Tax and Utility Bills

You or your Letting Agent should arrange for the transfer of Council Tax and utility accounts to the Tenant. Meter readings should be taken, allowing closing gas, water (if metered) and electricity accounts to be drawn up. Some service providers it should be noted however, such as British Telecom, require instructions directly from both Landlord and Tenant.

Contents (Definition of ‘Landlords Contents’)

Household items that you own or that you are legally responsible for. This does not include any part of the structure of Your Home including ceilings, wallpaper and the like; any item used for business or professional purposes and any living creature. The definition of ‘Contents’ does not include items such as documents of any kind, Motorised Vehicles, aircraft, boats and craft designed to be used on or in water, caravans or trailers.  Specifically excluded is any property insured by any other insurance policy. Cover for Contents is normally arranged on a new for old basis.


At the start of the tenancy, the property must be in a thoroughly clean condition, and at the end of each tenancy it is the Tenants’ responsibility to leave the property in a similar condition. Where they fail to do so, cleaning can be arranged at their expense.


In the unfortunate event of a claim notify us of the circumstances immediately, or in any case as quickly as possible, after the event. Take whatever reasonable steps are necessary to secure your property and avoid further damage. Retain any invoices, receipts for emergency work carried out to your property.  If the claim is as a result of a crime, i.e. burglary, theft, malicious damage, please immediately inform the Police and obtain a crime report number.