Joint Insured

If a property is jointly owned with a partner or other family members, then the insurance cover should be arranged in joint names, as all parties have a financial interest that they should protect. In some circumstances a Mortgagee (the Bank or Building Society providing the Mortgage monies) will ask that their name appears as a joint insured as well as one who has a financial interest in the property.